So fast forward to now when three friends, including the aforementioned Ruth, decide to create a comfortable spot where, as they put it, "Where writers and words come together to play". The name of this site? Sweet Banana Ink, of course. All writers are invited to participate, posts will be done on a rotating basis. You can get all the details on their submission page.
Wondering if Sweet Banana is for you? Read this excerpt from their website.
Sweet Banana is right for you if:Oh, by the way, today (hopefully) my Write for Ten scribblings for the prompt of 'coffee' should be the featured article of the day!
- You don’t have a blog but want to share something you’ve written
- You have a blog post or story that you’d like to give a second chance
- You want to announce a writing event
- You want to plug your book
- You want to share an essay on the craft
- You want to join a blog hop but don't have a blog to post on
- You’d like to get a ‘blind’ critique from your community of peers
- You’d like to give a review of a favorite fiction book
- You’d like to give a review of a favorite book on the craft
- You’d like to share a story or post that doesn’t fit the criteria of your own blog